There are numerous loose or low-value internet options available to New York City college students and households.
Free Internet for Your Home
The following net vendors are imparting loose family Wi-Fi or special accommodations for 60 days:
- Charter Communications/Spectrum
Learn extra approximately the above at NYC.gov.
Free Internet Locations in NYC
There are many locations across the town where you may cross to connect to internet for free. Locations consist of:
- All branches of the New York Public Library
- Several public spaces in Lower Manhattan
- LinkNYC kiosks across the City
Low-Cost Internet Plans
The following net plans are available to eligible contributors. Eligibility varies by way of issuer. Contact the provider for extra data.
The Federal Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
The Federal Emergency Broadband Benefit Program facilitates to lower the value of excessive-velocity net, computer systems, and capsules for eligible low-income families throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The software will provide:
- Up to $50 a month to low-income families for broadband service;
- Up to $seventy five a month to families on tribal land for broadband carrier; and
- A one-time discount of up to $100 to buy a pc, computer computer, or tablet from participating companies if they contribute $10-$50 towards the purchase rate.
Apply on the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program website. This is a transient advantage so that you are recommended to use as quickly as feasible.
Altice (additionally known as Optimum)
Altice gives Altice Advantage, a plan that begins at $14.99/month. To qualify, you need to be:
- eligible for–or participate in–the National School Lunch Program (NSLP); or
- a New York City resident who attends a New York City public faculty; or
- eligible for–or acquire–Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and sixty five years of age or older; or
- a veteran and acquire country or federal public help.
Charter (also known as Spectrum)
Charter gives Spectrum Internet Assist, a plan that begins at $14.99/month. To qualify, one or more participants of your household need to be a recipient of one of the following assistance applications:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) of the NSLP
- Supplemental Security Income (for applicants age sixty five+ only)
Verizon offers theLifeline application, a plan that begins at $19.ninety nine/month. To qualify:
- Your annual income is at one hundred thirty five% or less than of the U.S. federal poverty suggestions
- You, or a person in your family, participates in a qualifying federal help program:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called meals stamps), or
- Medicaid, or
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Programs (and stay on federally-recognized Tribal lands)
For extra eligibility information, visit Lifelinesupport.org
Wi-Fi Hotspots for Existing Cable Customers
As an extension of their internet service, the carriers listed underneath enable each other’s excessive-velocity net customers to get entry to up to 500,000 national WiFi hotspots through the network call CableWiFi: